On a hill with a view on the edge of Nova Gorica stands a renovated Renaissance fortress. The small, two-storey Renaissance castle was built before the end of the 16th century on the site of the older castle of Henrick Dornberg from the 13th century.
It was named after its owner, Ivan Marija Coronini, who was given the title “von Cronberg” and the power that went along with it in 1609. The manor is a typical Renaissance building with a square ground plan and corner towers. The castle was severely damaged in both wars, but it was renovated both times. Since 1954 it has been housing the Gorica Museum with a rich collection of paintings, a cultural and historical collection, and rooms for occasional exhibitions. The interior was designed by the architect Janez Suhadolc.
A terraced garden around the manor has been partly preserved or reconstructed. It has been renovated according to the data about its state in the 18th century. The ground floor on the north side of the manor has a Baroque design. With a modest stone fountain as the central axis motif, it is divided into four sections. The ground floor used to be surrounded with a low stone wall and decorated with vases. Part of the garden by the ground floor has been skillfully converted into a parking area. In the south wing of the castle, the winter garden and a grotto with a statue of Kronos have been preserved. In the 19th century more trees were planted in the garden in landscape style. Here they set up walking paths with benches and a table, a small tower for hawks and a little brook with an artificial waterfall.