Ljubljana’s Town Hall (locally referred to as Mestna hiša, Magistrat or Rotovž), is used as the seat of the Municipality of Ljubljana. It was built in the late 15th century by the master builder Peter Bezlaj. It assumed its present appearance between 1717 and 1719, when an annexe designed by Carlo Martinuzzi was added to it by the master builder Gregor Maček Snr. Later the building was alterated several times, the most thoroughly by the architect Svetozar Križaj in 1963. Red Hall is placed on the first floor of Town Hall and can accept up to 70 visitors.
Foto: Damjan Gale (Archive of the Ministry of culture)